- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 (28-oz) cans whole peeled tomatoes, drained
- 6 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (4-oz) container crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss together first 6 ingredients on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes or until tomatoes are browned. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Puree tomato mixture with broth, in batches, in a blender with center piece from blender lid removed and covered with a towel. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Meanwhile, stir together cheese and basil. Divide soup among bowls, and sprinkle with cheese mixture.