- 3 (8-oz) pkg sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp pepper, divided
- 2 cups tricolor quinoa
- ½ cup alcohol-free white wine
- 2 (32-oz) cartons low-sodium vegetable broth, heated (see Note)
- 1 cup microgreens (or use baby arugula)
- Sauté mushrooms, shallots, garlic, thyme, and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper in 2 Tbsp hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and tender. Transfer to a bowl; keep warm.
- Cook quinoa in 2 Tbsp hot oil in pot 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add wine and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper; cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Stir in broth, ½ cup at a time, cooking until liquid is almost evaporated after each addition, stirring constantly.
- Remove pot from heat; stir in half of mushroom mixture. Top with remaining mushroom mixture and microgreens.