- 2 cups dried green lentils
- 1 (16-oz) pkg sliced mushrooms
- 4 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
Side Dish Ingredients
- 6 slices vegan sourdough bread
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Bring lentils and water to cover to a boil in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms, carrots, onion, and thyme in 2 Tbsp hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Process 6 Tbsp oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a blender until smooth. Toss together lentils and lemon mixture in a large bowl.
- Top lentils with vegetable mixture.